Updating old blog posts can be a great strategy for SEO. In this post, we’ll show you how we update old blog posts for SEO with generative AI and provide multiple client case studies to prove how well it can work when done right.
How to update old blog posts for SEO with generative AI
We use generative AI to produce optimised articles fast. How do we do it without compromising on quality? We create briefs that are upgraded by using educated AI with hyper-specific lists of strategic prompts. We educate ChatGPT about our client’s brand, target audience and topic. We add in the target keywords and frequently asked questions that are going to be used in the updated article.
We are part of the process every step of the way, informing the AI to achieve the best results.
- Strategy: First, it’s all about the overall content strategy. We start our process by creating a 6-12 month content strategy based on demand and topical relevance.
- Briefing: Next, we develop hyper-specific prompts to ideate and create content that will beat competitors.
- Production: We use generative AI to produce the content, matching outputs according to brand guidelines and tone of voice with internal resources to review.
- Optimisation: Continuous optimisation of produced and existing content.
How does updating old blog posts for SEO with AI help our clients?
- Establishes a cohesive strategy and content calendar that fills competitor gaps and target market intent
- Utilises existing content so that it is either updated, repurposed or deleted and replaced with fresher content
- Develops topical authority based on important themes that will drive users and conversions
- Takes the load off internal resources and the need for too many third parties
- Plus we get amazing SEO results!
Updating blog posts with AI for SEO results
These results really speak for themselves.
Updating old blog posts for a major international retail brand
Over the course of the previous four months, we updated a total of 20 articles, all of which were subsequently republished.
These republished articles have continued to demonstrate exceptional performance, yielding an overall improvement of approximately 81% in organic clicks and an increase of 106% in impressions.
There was also a 918% uplift in revenue through rewritten articles.
Republishing updated blog posts for a major Australian retail brand
We have republished six updated blog posts for this client. The republished articles are showing remarkable improvement in organic performance, with a total increase of 109% in clicks and 143% impressions after the republish when compared to the previous period.
Updating an old blog post for SEO for a large travel brand
This is the impact updating just one old blog post can have on SEO. The rewritten article is showing remarkable improvement in organic performance, with a total increase of 2,650% in clicks and 338% uplift in impressions after the republish when compared to the previous period.
Looking to improve your SEO results fast? We can show you how to update old blog posts for SEO, providing keyword research to support your content development, provide detailed content briefs with SEO recommendations or go all the way and provide complete and optimised articles and implement on site. Contact us today.